Welcome to Pediatrics at the Basin, a pediatric practice devoted to caring for babies, children and adolescents in the Rochester area.
Dr. Janet Cranshaw and Dr. Alice Loveys founded the practice in 2001. Dr Strang joined us in January of 2010. Read more about all of us! Our nurse practitioner, Paul Maxwell, has years of experience with patients of all ages.
Because we are a small practice, we pride ourselves on delivering highly personal, accommodating, family-centered care to your children. This dedication exists at all levels of encounters: from phone calls to checking in, from nursing assistance to physician time, we strive to provide service of the highest quality.
We look forward to seeing you!
We see newborns at Highland, Strong Memorial and Rochester General Hospitals.
We admit children needing hospitalization to Golisano's Children's Hospital at the University of Rochester Medical Center.
In Office Testing
- Anemia, hemoglobin- at 1 and 2 years and as needed
- Lead - at 1 and 2 years
- Hearing - done annually starting age 3 or with concerns starting from birth
- Vision - begnning at 9 months, yearly and with any concerns
- Lipid Profiles - done at age 10 and before entering college or sooner if family history of an issue. Read more about it here.
Rapid Diagnostic Tests
- Strep Throat
- Pulse Oximetry
- Blood Glucose
Other Diagnostic Tests
- Spirometry - lung function, used mostly with asthmatics
- Tympanometry - ear drum mobility
Radiology (x-rays, ultrasouds, etc.) is a specialty onto itself. We refer to local radiology offices as needed.